Service of Process to the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)

Currently, in the COVID-19 era, legal documents can be served to HUD (the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development) at the following address:

United States Department of Housing & Urban Development
c/o Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20410

HUD’s contact telephone number for service of process is (202) 708-0300. The server should call in advance to arrange service. Someone will meet the server in the north lobby to accept service.

Note: A lawsuit directed at an individual who works at HUD regarding a personal matter requires personal service only. Serving an individual legal papers at HUD is impossible due to security procedures. Contact Torri’s Legal Services for a skip trace to try to locate the individual’s home address.

Sign up for Torri's Tips and receive

How to Get the Best from Your Process Server
Newsletter Signup