Supreme Court Document Filing in Richmond, VA
If you plan on arguing a case before the United States Supreme Court, you have a whole lot of work ahead of you.
Just like any appellate work, the rules for filing with SCOTUS are strict and complicated. Forgetting even a small piece of them may cause your appeal to be denied.
How We Assist Filing With SCOTUS in Richmond, VA
Supreme Court Rule 33 lays out all the requirements for preparing documents to be filed with SCOTUS, and the tiny details are just as important as the big items.
Some of the requirements your paperwork needs to follow include:
- Printed on paper measuring 6 1/8″ x 9 1/4″
- Prepared using a standard typesetting process
- Set in Century family 12-point type with at least 2-point leading between lines
- Text must appear on both sides of the page
- Quotations of more than 50 words must be indented
- Each page must include margins of at least 3/4″ on all sides
- Document covers must be on paper in a color appropriate for each type of document
- 40 copies of each document must be filed
If you don’t have experience with SCOTUS, this list can be daunting. But here at Torri’s Legal Services, we have years of experience working with SCOTUS, helping firms just like yours.
We keep up-to-date on any changes, so you can feel confident that your briefs and documents maintain SCOTUS’s compliance standards.
Whether you’re preparing a Writ of Certiorari or Brief on the Merits, our team is ready to support you through the process. Call now to learn more!
WHY CHOOSE TORRI’S LEGAL SERVICES FOR SUPREME COURT FILING IN RICHMOND, VA?
At Torri’s Legal Services, we have more than three decades of experience helping law firms across the country with a wide variety of legal services.
Here are some reasons to choose Torri’s Legal:
- We deliver what we promise: If we tell you we’ll get your documents filed with SCOTUS by a certain date, we’ll get them done.
- We work anywhere: While we are conveniently located near Washington, D.C. (and SCOTUS), we work with firms all across the country seeking to appeal their clients’ cases.
- We give back: We care about those who need help, which is why we’ve partnered with the B1G1 Initiative for several years, and we routinely donate to causes close to our hearts.
For even more reasons, check out our blog:
- 3 Reasons You Need Torri’s Legal Services When Filing with the Supreme Court
- International Process of Service to SCOTUS
- 4 Benefits of Outsourcing Your Firm’s Legal Services
Call today to receive a quote.